There are four types of connection applications for electric service

1. Temporary Service

This is applicable when the structure is made of light materials such as your traditional “nipa hut” houses, bamboo houses, light wood houses and other structures made of light materials which are not stated here.

2. Temporary Connection

This is applicable for building and structures which are still under construction and needs electrical service for construction equipment.

3. Special Lighting

This is applicable for events that last a day or a few days only such as concerts, All Soul’s Day, fiestas and other events not stated here. Take note that venues needing special lighting don’t’ have existing electrical connections with PECO.

4. Permanent Connection

This is applicable when the structure or building in place is permanent and has no specific time of service required.

Steps in Applying for an Electric Service Connection

  • Please make sure that the structure you would want to have an electrical service has a service entrance (see metering installation), then go to PECO’s main office in the customer services department (CSD). PECO’s inspection team will then inspect your service entrance if it is within the company’s metering standard.
  • You will then have to submit the following requirements based on your connection type and relation to the structure you would want to have electrical service:
    Basic Requirements
  • Additional Requirements
  • You will then have to pay your guarantee deposit which will be an estimate of your bill amounting for one month’s consumption. This estimate will be based from the analysis of our customer services department inspection team.
  • After which you can now sign your contract and your meter will be installed as soon as possible.
  • Securing Basic Permits
    • Our local government is very concerned and is tasked to protect the safety of its people under its jurisdiction. With this in line, PECO cannot start any operation with your application (except temporary connection) if you cannot secure a Certificate of Final Electrical Inspection and Fire Safety Installation Clearance. You can secure these at the following offices:
    • Telephone Numbers:
      • Certificate of Final Electrical Inspection – City Hall 3364871 local 415
      • Fire Safety Installation Clearance – Office of City Fire Marshal 3374989
  • Notarized Undertaking
    • This is needed in cases where in the applicant is not the owner of the lot where in the structure stands. It is an affidavit that is signed by the owner of the premises and the applicant which indicates that the owner of the premises agrees to be jointly and severally liable with the applicant in cases where in there are unpaid monthly bills incurred by the applicant after leaving the premises. This will be used in cases where in there is an absence or insufficiency in the guarantee deposit.
    • Take note that this is merely in compliance with the provisions of the rules implemented by the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC), which is the Magna Carta for Residential Electricity Consumers.
  • Valid I.D.’s
    • Passport
    • Driver’s License
    • SSS I.D
    • GSIS I.D
    • Current Company I.D
    • Major Credit Cards with photo
    • Philhealth I.D.s are not valid for identification purposes
  • Secondary I.D.s paired with any other proofs of identity (in cases where no valid I.D.’s are present)
    • Postal I.D.
    • Voter’s I.D
    • Student’s I.D
    • Senior Citizen’s I.D
  • Other Proofs of Identity
    • NBI Clearance
    • Police Clearance
    • Barangay Clearance
    • Marriage Contract
    • Voter’s Certification